Friday, May 7, 2010

Tea With The Queen?

Tea and scones to you...


Being new to this Blogging thing, I have to tell you, I had expected to have everyone, well almost everyone, writing all over my Blog. Each day I checked, and checked and checked again but nary a response. Where are you?

Hello Internet, didn't I hear that Blogging was a way to connect? That people would be tripping over themselves to get in touch with me and find out all sorts of good, new, interesting and even valuable tidbits from ME!

Well, sadly I have to tell you, I didn't know I had not optimized my Blog so no one was reading it and by the time you read my first one it will be really old news, well maybe to most of you, but I'm having fun and that's what counts. I'm working at making it up to you by...picking up where I left off with a thought I had.

What would it be like if Her Royal Majesty was to come to my house for tea? She does drink tea, I presume, since we always equate tea with the English though they are not the greatest number of people who drink tea in the world. Oops, I digress, that will be a story for another time.

Right now I will tell you that the Queen does visit and have tea in private homes throughout England. Before she arrives though, her advanced team lays out to the hosts the correct etiquette in every detail from how the hosts address Her Majesty to the bows and curtsies.

That's all very fine, but what does one talk about while taking tea with the Queen? I'll let you know tomorrow....


Tea is a good thing

No comments:

Post a Comment