Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Happy Birth-day To Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

Tea and Scones to you... In reviewing my life, I realized, that for years I've always had a dream about owning and running a restaurant with a unique specialty. At first my ideas were a luncheon "Soup Bar", then a "Sandwich Bar", "A different menu a month restaurant" but they all smacked of fast food places. So I consulted with my Gracious Lady within me, I realized the one thing I had done in the past that was a really memorable and well received experience to my friends by serving them in an elegant setting; an elaborate, sumptuous, grand English high tea where they could savor their food with good conversation and hot tea for as long as they wished. My tables were always set with impeccably starched antique linens, sterling silver spoons and forks, crystal glassware and fine English bone china from my collection of assorted tea cups and plates. The food was always a selection of various English tea time specialties served in three courses. Tea always started with the guest's choice from two Select Asian loose leaf teas steeped to perfection, served with or without, milk, sugar or perhaps lemon as to they desired. The first course was always the traditional buttery scones and crumpets with jam. Followed with a delightful selection of savories which might include chicken, shrimp, salmon, ham or beef and of course the traditional cucumber sandwiches. Not to be forgotten, I always serve deviled eggs. For the last course, the sweets of course! I would have a selection of cakes, cookies and candies using lemon, chocolate and nuts for a variety of tastes and textures. Tea anyone? Most appropriately, today I want to introduce you to my new Blog AsianRoseTeaRoom.blogspot.com. In doing so, we shall celebrate Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 's real birth date. Also, not to be upstaged, my younger sister Ginnie's birthday. You may send her a wish if you like and I will forward it to her. (To Ginnie, not the Queen). Tea is a good thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment